The EcoVadis Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) rating methodology is to measure the quality of a company’s CSR management system – through its policies, actions, and results. The EcoVadis CSR rating methodology is based upon seven founding principles:
- Evidence Based
- Industry Sector, Country and Size Matter
- Diversification of Sources
- Assessment by International CSR Experts
- Traceability & Transparency
- Excellence through Continuous Improvement
The EcoVadis assessment focuses on 21 issues, which are grouped into 4 themes: Environment (ENV), Labor Practices & Human Rights (LAB), Fair Business Practices (FBP), and Sustainable Procurement (SUP). The issues assessed and their relative weight vary based on the company’s activities, size, and geographic location.
Download the document to learn about the scoring principles of the EcoVadis rating methodology.