The EcoVadis CSR rating methodology is the blueprint of ourCorporate Social Responsibility (CSR) assessment process.
Often the first step into an ongoing monitoring process, the objective of the assessment is to get a clear picture of how well a company has integrated the principles of CSR into their business. The EcoVadis methodology captures and analyzes information and synthesizes it into an easy to understand scorecard with a Rating on a 0 to 100 scale.
This document provides and overview of the reference model, seven founding principles, and process EcoVadis uses including:
- 21 CSR criteria across four themes (environment, labor & human rights, ethics, sustainable procurement)
- Seven management indicators examined
- Adaptation of the questionnaire to cover 190 industry categories and 150 countries
- The diversity of data sources used, including customer-provided documentation, relevant third-party endorsements (certifications, labels, etc.) and “360” external stakeholder inputs (2500 sources of monitoring, news, watchlists, etc.)
- The use of technology and CSR expert analysis
The end result, the EcoVadis CSR scorecard, shows you the CSR performance of a company in four themes.